I was nominated for this award by Katie from katiescottagebooks.wordpress.com.
Thank you so much to Katie for nominating me! Please take a look at her blog.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. (Wow I hope I can live up to this description!)
~ https://www.okotoenigmasblog.com/ (Creator of the Mystery Blogger Award)
- Put the award logo and image on your blog.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to the creator’s blog.
- Tell your reader’s three (3) things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 to 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five (5) questions of your choice.
- Share a link to your best posts.
Three Things About Me:
- I have a ragdoll cat (a blogger with a cat? I know, what a novelty!)
- I love to play the board game “Scotland Yard.” Its a perfect blend of strategy and suspense – the definition of a cat and mouse game essentially.
- I am not in college currently, but my short story series “The Awkward College Student” is based off of my own and friend’s experiences in college.
1.) What’s your favorite Christmas song/carol?
Oh I love this question! I think it kind of changes over time. But I have always loved the compilation of two Christmas Carols – Silent Night & Night of Silence sung together. You can find a rendition here. I love how the two songs complement each other. They are beautiful sung individually but together they are exquisite.
2.) Have you ever received a Christmas gift that was especially meaningful to you? What was it?
When I was younger my older sister created a toy I really wanted (a cat with wings haha). I loved it so much.
3.) Do you prefer to do your Christmas shopping on line or do you brave the Christmas shopping crowds in the stores?
I don’t normally like to shop, so the only time I go shopping is usually during Christmas. So I look forward to braving the crowds because it is quite festive still. Recently however I started buying most of my gifts online then only shopping for a few select gifts in person.
4.) What’s your favorite Christmas goodie???
Frosted sugar cookies!
5.) Do you and your family have a traditional Christmas meal you serve every year? What is it?
My family usually serves crab. Odd, I know, but we live in the Pacific Northwest and are especially fond of seafood. Unfortunately crab is quite expensive, so Christmas is the one time of year we get to eat it! So we have crab and then usually the typical Christmas dishes as well.
Bloggers I’m Nominating
My Five Questions
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?
- Does your family/friends have any special Christmas traditions you do every year?
- What is your least favorite Christmas movie? (it’s always interesting to see what people will put as their least favorite)
- Do you like snow?
- Do you have any funny Christmas stories to share?
My Best Blog Posts
I’ll be honest. My blog is pretty small, and I don’t have that many followers yet. So these are collection of my favorite blog posts thus far. However if I tagged you feel free to publish your most popular posts!
The Queen of Attolia (This review is for one of my favorite series. I don’t think I did it justice, but I plan to write another review in the future after the final book, The Return of the Thief, comes out!)
The Penderwicks at Last = 7+ Years of unfulfilled expectations
(A lot of readers were disappointed with the ending to this series, so I think I just got a lot of people commiserating with my own sorrow. )
The Westing Game
(Another classic I recommend everyone reading it. The author also has several other novels which are quite good.)
The Awkward College Student Hangs Out
(One of my short stories.)