Thank you so much to Audra’s Book Blabbing for nominating me for this award! Woo hoo! I love to answer questions, my sense of ego can always stand a little more attention. Audra is a very thoughtful blogger, and I’ve found many good book recommendations through her. You can check out her post here.
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate up to 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
What made you decide to start blogging?
I wanted to write more consistently but I kept having a hard time writing my book. In order to get my writing juices flowing I decided I would start blogging. That way I would be writing, about books, movies, short stories, it didn’t matter just so long as I was writing something.
Who inspires you the most?
For authors, I think C.S. Lewis because he was very blunt and honest. He didn’t exaggerate, and he never sacrificed the story by trying to make a “moral of the story.” He never forced anything by trying to make a certain point, he just said things as they were, and I really really appreciate that. I think when you believe something it’s easy to try and force those themes/ideas into your art. But if you truly believe something those themes just bleed into anything you create, there’s no need to convince anyone of a particular idea or anything. Just let the truth speak for itself. What is true will not cease to be true because someone doesn’t believe it, or you haven’t explained it well enough.
Where is your favorite place you have lived?
I’ve actually lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life (thus far). I love to travel, make no mistake, but I’ve always been deeply attached to the Pacific Northwest. I’m not particularly into the hippy culture, or the obsession with hiking, or the obsession with Kombucha. But it’s entertaining, the people are friendly, and most importantly the outdoors and climate here is beautiful, so hey!
What is something on a book cover that would make you not want to read the book?
A picture of a girl in a fancy dress. It’s a bit overdone, to say the least. In general I’m not too keen on the covers for about 80% – 90% of YA fiction.
What is one thing you truly like about yourself?
My sense of humor! I crack myself up! Not that everyone always gets it, but hey, that’s not the point is it?
What is your favorite quote?
Ach! This is such a hard question! I have so many! For now I”ll have to go with this quote…
“Everyone wants the truth, but no one wants to be honest.” – Anonymous
What is one thing that would absolutely make your day?
Sharp cheddar cheese. I love it, it’s the best thing since sliced bread. It’s what makes me smile whenever I remember I have a bit of it waiting in my fridge. The day can never get too dreary when there’s a bite of Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese waiting at the end of it.
On a more serious note, seeing a good friend unexpectedly! Nothing more delightful.
- Why do you like to read? (assuming you do, if not why do you like to watch movies)
- If you could have written any book series, which would it be, and why?
- What is the most surprising fact you can think of?
- Are you the sort of person who knows their Myers-Briggs type or Enneagram? If so which are you?
- Look out your window, what do you see?
- Where is your favorite place to go outside of work or your own home? (Not implying that work would be your favorite place to go haha, but hey it might be!)
- Do you have any good Christmas/Thanksgiving/Holiday movie recommendations? (This question is purely selfish, I’m on the hunt for more good Christmas/Holiday/Winter movies).
- Sixty-Something Trees
- Essa @ The Simple Sunflower
- Susy’s Cozy World
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators
- Austin Fey
- Of Swords and Magic
- And anyone else reading this post! Consider yourself tagged!
Each of these bloggers has a unique genre of books/entertainment they review! Please do check out their blogs.